As a born and raised Southern Baptist and later a non-denominational (which is actually a denomination too…lol) Christian for over 30 years, I understand them to be practically the same. While I am a Christian Psychic Channeler; I am also a Modern-day Prophet. I like the word Spiritual Seer, which was used for the word Prophet in older times, because seers were men of God, but were not associated with a position in a church of organized religion [ Samuel 9:9 (below)] is like the Bible states once you have your own personal relationship with God, and live your life seeking Spiritual things and not worldly things, God will reveal more to you, I know this to be true. Everything I believe has been documented in the Bible; and for that reason I do not question what God has given to me in the form of gifts, or understanding. This article will provide documentation from the Bible that validates what I have come to understand about Spiritual gifts and Prophecy.
Let’s began by breaking down each word and providing additional information.
[All definitions below are from: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/]
- ♦ 0a member of some religions (such as Christianity, Judaism, and Islam) who delivers messages that are believed to have come from God.
- ♦ 5-a a spiritual seer.
- ♦ 3sensitive to nonphysical or supernatural forces and influences : marked by extraordinary or mysterious sensitivity, perception, or understanding.
- ♦ 2lying outside the sphere of physical science or knowledge : immaterial, moral, or spiritual in origin or force
The perceived meaning of a word is everything. So, I use the words Seer, Psychic, Channeler, Medium to mean an individual with the gift of prophecy. Why? because I believe they are the laymen’s, modern, and Spiritual terms for the word Prophet. Those words are used interchangeably now a days, and kind of a catch 22 for most people. If that is not your perception, that is fine, but since it is mine that is the way that I use it. If you work outside of God; these words take on the meaning that you intend, but because I am One with God I do not use a play on words. I use the word that I was lead by my Angel & Spirit guides to use, which is the word psychic. I will admit due to my own prejudices, lack of acceptance & compassion for psychics, and their profession; it made it difficult for me to use the word at all. It took some time for my Angel guides to show me, teach me, and finally; remove all of my biases & prejudices about it before I was able to fully embrace that revelation. Now, I understand that it is all the same, because it is God’s Spirit working within the individual.
In fact: the Bible says that Prophets and Psychics, Channelers & Mediums ( those that work in the energy of God’s light) are the same and receive their gifts from God’s same Spirit; according to the Bible [1 Corinthians 12:4-7(below)]. The way each person is called to use their gifts to benefit others is not always the same. God uses us differently, teaches us in different ways so that he may reach the multitude, not a select few. Regardless of your beliefs and utilization of gifts, if you desire to do God’s will, then it is God’s Spirit that provides your gifts to you, period. Both Prophets and the Spiritual have a commandment to use these gifts to enlighten, heal, teach, encourage, guide and comfort others, by revealing their true heart’s desires and providing guidance to assist them with whatever they need at that time; it will be for their utmost benefit and lead to their most fulfilled life.
*God wants us to desire, ask (pray) for these gifts, he wants us to learn how to use them, and he gives several gifts to one person, So, do not be afraid to ask and be taught how to use all gifts that the Spirit of God has for all to use.*
Do you believe the Bible, God’s Spirit, or Men and Women of the Church?
I believe God’s Spirit and the Bible where Spirit compels me by being renewed in the Spirit of my mind (Ephesians 4:23) . The word of God is written in our hearts not in ink, but by the Spirit of the living God, according to Paul (2 Corinthians 3: 3-6)
If you believe that God no longer gives these gifts to his children as mentioned in 1Corithians12:4-7 than that would be why you lack them. Faith is essential if you do not believe the Bible is truth even as it concerns gifts; believing that they were only for those back during the early Christian movement, which is being told by religious leaders of today. My question is do we no longer need his edification, and exhortation, comfort, and guidance. Do we no longer need; validation that he is always with us and that he actually communicates with us? Yes, he still provides all of that to us through his gifts. Why would he take them away from his Children that still worship him and accept Jesus as their savior? He wouldn’t and will not take away these gifts from us. However; when Jesus returns and mankind is perfect that is when these gifts will no longer exist, but I can say with great confidence that day is yet to come.
Seek those of Light
It would be misleading for me to end this article without also providing information about the less than positive people that acclaim to be prophets, seers, psychic(s) channelers & mediums. There are always going to be those persons that are deceitful no matter what profession none is without their share of no-good-deeders, and religion and psychics are no exception. Unfortunately; not all prophets or psychic mediums work in the Spirit of God. Therefore; it is wise to know what the psychic medium, healer or anyone else that uses these gifts works from before you allow them to work with or on you. Not everyone works in the light and they can cause more damage than good. Yes; this deception is usually, but not always intentional. What I mean by that is if the person does not test the Spirit or ask if the Spirits they work with are from God and his love, truth and light, this can lead to an unintentional connection with negative entities. But, there are those persons that willfully open negative entity portals and use them to deceive and hurt those that are God’s children. Trying to block them from God’s Love, truth, and light.
That said: it is up to you to test them, ask them questions, and follow your gut intuition. This is for your protection. If; you are desperate or unsure, sleep on it and ask God to provide you a dream that will help you decide. Usually; you will know while in their presence, trust what you feel within. How can a light worker avoid connecting with negative and un-Godly Spirits? You have to test the Spirit. Paul says test the Spirits that you work with. They never get tired of you testing them that is if they are in fact God’s. In my experience; test, test and test again, again and again. I also went as far as asking God to take away my gifts, if they did not come from him. Because I do not want to serve anything other than God our Heavenly Father. I would honestly rather be gift-less than serving a negative entity and bringing harm to the Children of God. I suggest you do the same, if it is your intention to serve God and/or to help others through the amazing gifts that Spirit has given to you. (more on “Testing of Spirits” below.)
Differences between Psychics, Channelers, Mediums, and Prophets (defined summary)
The actual differences are as follows: (all of them in the list below are psychic)
- Psychic(s): to receive information outside of the 5 normal human senses. examples: intuition, de’jà vu, premonition dreams etc.
- Prophets: a position in a church of organized religion, but are the same as psychic channeler of today, and Seers of old
- Psychic Channelers : modern-day prophets an individual that is not affiliated within a church of organized religion that receives divine information from Primary Spirit Guides and/or Spirit Guides in higher level positions; like a master guide etc. and/or Angel Guides. They are teachers, healers, guidance counselors, men and women of God.
- Psychic Mediums(discerner of Spirits): an individual that uses their Spirit Guide to connect and communicate with Spirits of deceased loved ones.
TESTING OF SPIRITS * If the person curses Jesus he is not speaking with the Spirit of God. * * Only an individual that has been baptized and/or accepted Jesus’s Holy Ghost can say that Jesus is Lord.* So, ask the person or Spirit: •Do you believe that Jesus is Lord and the son of God? •Do you praise, honor, work for and worship Jesus of Nazareth as your Lord and the son of God? •Do you work from and live in God’s love, his truth, and his light?
You can add: the living God, the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end. Nothing comes before or after the Spirit of the living God. Anything that you feel will clarify who you are referring to. Please make up your own questions to ask as you see fit. These are just examples of questions that you can modify or use to test the person or the Spirit.
I leave you with this: “The Spirit of God is all that there is and all that will ever be; all that we are is the Spirit of God that lives within… Karitzme’. “
SCRIPTURE: 1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTERS 12-14 [King James version(Southern Baptist upbringing is why I only accept the King James version as the most accurate translation of the Bible. If you do not have the King James version here is a link to one online ]
- 1. Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant. 2. Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. 3. Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 4. Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 7. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 27. Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. 28. And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. 29. Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? 30. Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? 31. But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.
- 1. Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
- 1. Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy. 2. For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. 3. But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. 4. He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. 13. Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. 14. For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15. What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also 29. Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge. 30. If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace. 31. For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted. 32. And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 37. If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 38. But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant. 39. Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues. 40. Let all things be done decently and in order.
The Book of 1 Samuel
- 9. (Beforetime in Israel, when a man went to enquire of God, thus he spake, Come, and let us go to the seer: for he that is now called a Prophet was beforetime called a Seer.) 1 Samuel 9:9